Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Damn, I want to travel

I just got done reading Pizza Boy's travel journal from his trip to Europe and Turkey, and wow. There is so much he's seen and experienced that I only dream of doing. I am amazed that he trusted me with this journal, and the whole Eylim situation. He is an amazing person whom I'm glad I'm friends with. I've been obsessed with travel since...maybe forever. I've always had a need to escape and see the world, I've bought shelves worth of books on backpacking the world, made countless fruitless plans. But now, it's no longer some longing desire, I NEED to travel through Europe, India, Asia, Africa, South America, and Australia. I'll come up with the money some how, and I know I can do it for even cheaper if I couch-surf (Lucy, you should join the network). I have random friends from around the world, perhaps it is time to pay them a visit in their home country. I know with rent next year it will be hard to stay afloat, but I can do it. Money is evil, but the world comes with a price, be it innocence, experiences, or le mauvais argent. Lucy has gone to France, and Anne to Spain, and I truly envy them. It sounds so amazing, I know I have to go.

1 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2007 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I want to travel as much as possible... and you will definitely make it to France one day. And if you'd ever like to read my France journal, just ask.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home