Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Staring at strangers

I simply adore how I can never remember the things I must do for the next day, such as homework (French HW specifically) or some sort of meeting. And of course, I ignore it once I do remember. Oh my mind, what are you doing to me?

I really wanted to go talk to the guy that was staring at me today. He looked like he had an interesting story to tell. You never know when people are watching you, listening to what you're saying, writing about you. You will never know until you go over and ask them, or even if you recognize yourself in a paragraph. What are the odds that one reads the specific description of themselves by a stranger and recognize it? No, wait, don't tell me the odds (CoughDavecough). It is odd how much I find myself panicking when I think someone is writing about me, though I myself write constantly about anyone around me and what I think they are like. I never go and ask them about their writing. Maybe they want to speak to me too but refrian themselves as I do. There are so many people that I want to engage in conversation, but content myself with watching and eavesdropping.

I am a memeber of the Couch Surfers' network, which I completely forgot about after a year. No one has ever requested to couch surf with me, so I pushed it to the back of my head. I updated it for EC now, hopefully Ems won't mind strangers crashing at our place. Yeah, I doubt she'd be ok with that. But I like the concept of a community of travelers who can share their stories with you so long as you lend them a pace to sleep for a night.

I need to memorize my new monologue, do my math quiz, and write the English paper that's due Wednesday. Please remind me, I know I won't remind myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home