Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Questions from Mr. Boy

1 – What inspired you to start your blog and what inspires you to continue?
Somehow I got it into my head that people actually cared about my crazy life, or just wanted an escape from theirs. Now it’s something to occupy my time instead of oh, say, homework?

2 - You mention a lot of music, what music matters most to you now?
Whoa, I DO write about a lot of music. The White Stripes always remind me of driving to Dracula rehearsals with Adam in tow. My dad had the first two WS albums floating around for years, but we never listened to them. Then Elephant came out, and we became obsessed. If he ever goes to a White Stripes concert without me… I have no shame about going to concerts with my dad. He’s just that cool. Back in the day (which is always a Wednesday), he partied with a bunch of bands, including The Who. He’s a seriously cool guy. My dad and I share an obsession with music. We share any new music we get, and have spent a summer organizing his massive CD collection.

3- Do you want to know who reads your stuff?
Yes, actually. Most who visit my blog have the same uwec.edu sitemeter ID, so I really can’t tell who they are. I don’t have many readers outside of those who I go to school with. My brother looked at it once, and left comments. He hasn’t visited since, I know he disapproves of many things I do. I got a lot of hits from NY after I mentioned Bill Sullivan.

4 – Has there been anything you have written that you wished you could have back once it was posted?
No, I think things should be left as they were in the moment, to keep history intact. You have to keep the little bits of shame to keep yourself humble. I think I keep most of the really private stuff out of my blog, some things needn’t be shared with the world.

5 – What can your readers expect in the future?
The Saga of the Lla(m)a House,


The Many Adventures of Liz and Adam,





The Bad Ideas of ADD Boy


and The Hangover Chronicles (No photos of this one, praise Shakespeare).


1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions, so make sure I have your email address. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home