Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Everybody's acting like I'm fucking crazy or somethin'.

I made a bad decision today.

I hopped into my car, started it my music up and got on the road. I was playing Modest Mouse as loud as my crappy speakers will allow before it sounds like shizzle. I thought: wow, this is a perfect day to just go off on a road trip. I could drive as far as my collection of Modest Mouse will take me. It was probably the best idea I've had in a long time.

But, alas!

I went to work.

That was a poor choice.

I hate my job with a passion, or more accurately, I hate my boss with a passion. She is the most ignorant, pretentious person I have met in quite a while. In general, I try to get to know someone before I pass any form of judgement upon them, but every time I speak to this woman I am OVERCOME with a sense of superiority. Every fucking tourist that walks throught the door makes me want to scream. Some people are just zombies, going along with whatever society has told them.

I need to get out of this situation ASAP. It puts me into such a foul mood everyday that I don't even go home until 3 am most nights. I got my first paycheck yesterday, after having to beg for it, and I'm sure it'll bounce anyhow. I don't need this shit. I don't need to be a wage slave. I am young, I can cast off the chains of mediocrity and fucking live. I will not become a broken, bitter mess at the age of 19. I reject your yuppie values. I am not one of you, for only dead fish go with the flow.

I implore you, dear non-existant readers: do not let someone else control your life. Seize it, make your life as interesting as it can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home