Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mo, PoMo, and Post-PoMo

I adore PoMo Lit (that's Postmodern if you couldn't figure that out). Today I bought Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses," and Henry Miller's "Sexus," both which I can't afford to be spending money on.

I always thought that Nabokov was the epitome of th PoMo genre, but now Wikipedia tells me I'm wrong. And now the Genre- bending is fucking with my mind. Who are the modernists? Who are the Postmodernists? And pray tell, WHO ARE THE POST-POSTMODERNISTS?? I am taking a course in Post-PoMo fiction next semester and I would like to get a head start by at least figuring out what that is. Yeah, I'm a total nerd, but whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home