Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Friday, June 02, 2006

MY own blog...

wow.
Today was the last day for seniors. I'm not sure what I should be feeling. Nostalgia? Dismay? Ecstacy? good riddance either way.
Not that I don't like learning, I just hate going to school, having to put up with all the damn bullshit. I didn't mind seeing my friends, at least when they bothered to be nice to me. I don't want to see those bitches ever again.

Now to explain the title of my blog... I took it from the Preface of the Collected Stories of Thomas Mann (Absolutely brilliant writer) when the preface author is discussing "The Blood of the Walsungs," the brother and sister reject the pressures of being assimilated into society and turn to each other. disturbing but brilliant. Mann describes the torture of a artists soul so articulatly, sublimely...

Ever Heard of the Jewish Reggae artist Matisyahu? the beats are so damn (cliche-alert) infectious. I just want to get up and dnce like a maniac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home