Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hem, haw

I've been thinking alot about my future. I used to love learning, and I was attending university just because of that. But I feel like I haven't learned a thing by attending. I don't care about any of my classes, and I don't see the point of continuing. This could be my usual depression talking, yet I have been unhappy here since day one, actually since Orientation. I've gone through many different plans to get away, but I have followed through on none. I am thinking of taking a year off, or even a semester off. There are more cons on the list than pros: Lucy will kill me, Dad will kill me, I'll lose health insurance, I'll have to find a subleaser, I'll have to move and I know no one will help me move, I'd have to work another shitty job to get by, my brother will lose the majority of his grant money, my sister may not get grants, etc. but I'd be happy, right?

1 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2008 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Would you be happy? Question is, what do you want, and what do you need to do to get there? Would taking a semester off to work a shitty job do you good, or just prolong the torture?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home