Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happiness is truly a fickle thing. I have no reason for any unhappiness, I'm fairly content with where I am right now. Such simple things make me happy, an afternoon of solitude, the coming of an infinitie night, a smile from a friend. One minute I am swimming in the caressing light of elation, and the next, being grabbed around the throat and drowning in the pools of despair. It came last night, along with its buddy insomnia. Even now, after a long work day and maybe an hour of sleep, I cannot rest. I don't know when this feeling will lift. Last time, I discovered its absence in the middle of a Grammar class, the time before that, a quick phone call from someone I hadn't spoken with for a while. It doesn't feel like it'll stay long, but it may want to get cozy in the recesses of my mind. I just need someone to hold my hand if it gets painful. We all need a hand to hold when it gets painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home