Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Greetings from Milwaukee! Last night, I moved in to my new apartment. It's an amazing location, just a few blocks from Brady St. The house is typical of Milwaukee: small rooms, a shortage of outlets, closets that make you wonder what they were thinking when they put them in. The floors slant, just like my old place, but to a less severe degree.

There is a small backyard that seems to harbor a gang of squirrels. A gang of squirrels that get into the walls and chase each other around. The effect is quite creepy. So creepy, in fact, that my roommate Caroline brought a priest in to bless the house.

I've been here for about 24 hours, and I think I could grow to love living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home