Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A rare instance in which I was wrong

I quit my job yesterday, by far the best decision I've made in a long time. And I decided to go out to celebrate. I went to Swing State in Lake Villa, IL, for their festival thing they had going on, which included firedancers and several bands. I first heard about this place from a fellow named 13/Mark, who played there with his band, 13's Fantasy. Judging from the music and videos posted on his website, I was not expecting anything worthwhile. This is where I was wrong. His show was entertaining, well-put together, and is great to see live. It was just 13 up on stage, but he made up for the lack of a traditional band with enthusiasm. His lyrics were absurd and witty. Thought the treble was turned up a little too much, I actually enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home