Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Chicago

Far, far away
From those city lights
That might be shining on you tonight
Far, far away from you
On the dark side of the moon

I long to hold you in my arms and sway
Kiss and ride on the CTA




I printed my name on the back of a leaf
And I watched it float away
The hope I had in a notebook full of white dry pages
Was all I tried to save

But the wind blew me back via Chicago
In the middle of the night
And not without fight
At the crush of veils and starlight



Saxophones started blowin' me down
I was buried in sound
The taxicabs were driving me around
To the handshake drugs I bought downtown
To the handshake drugs I bought downtown



(Lyrics by Wilco)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home