Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Challenge

During a violent storm in a tiny villa in Switzerland, a group of friends read aloud a collection of ghost stories and made a bet:To write a story based on a supernatural occurrence. This bet produced one of my favorite novels, Frankenstein.

NaNoWriMo only allows the participants a month to finish their novel; My challenge to my readers, in particular Jess and Prof. Bardiac, is this: to complete a novel(no particular genre) within a year, starting on the first of January.

I hope some of you take this challenge with me!

3 Comments:

  • At December 30, 2007 10:44 AM , Blogger Bardiac said...

    Alas, I wrote a horrible novel once. It finally went into the trash, and there's no better place for it. (Along with a crappy play and some short stories.)

    I'll stick to reading and trying to write about what I read, but good luck with yours!

     
  • At January 02, 2008 7:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

    you know, i was just thinking the other day that i should really start writing more. i accept your challenge.

     
  • At January 04, 2008 10:02 PM , Blogger Caveman said...

    You've got yourself a deal!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home