Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Is This?

What is this? I feel... like I miss Eau Claire.

For the majority of the time I was living there I was completely miserable. But some memories grow sweet in my mind, like crossing the deadly Clairemont Ave for cigarettes or an alcohol run with Pete. Stopping in Murray Hall to hang out with Sean and Dylan. Taking Nico, the cutest dog in the world, for walks through Carson Park. Hanging out with Erin at midnight eating Jello and talking about nothing. Criticizing architecture with Jess. The way my room smelled. Sitting on the stoop with cheap wine. Ordering delivery from the Chinese place three blocks away. New Amsterdam Gin. Morning shows at SRI with AJ.

I wonder if in a year, my memories of Milwaukee will be half as precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home