Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Liz is Dead. College has killed her.

It's 11:21pm now, and I have gotten no homework done. I sat down with my physics for a few hours, and I finished two problems (Doug, where were you?). I have ten to go. I have barely started my paper that's due tues. and now I find that the volume of Charlotte Perkins Gilman's diary I have gotten is THE WRONG VOLUME. Despite the 400 mg of caffiene coursing through my viens, I can't seem to keep my eyes open. I am now back in my room, luckily made it back to Towers before the door was alarmed. (I was in Murray's basement. Yet again, Doug, where were you?)

Wouldn't that suck if I had forgotten my Blugold? There's no way in hell I would sleep on the couches in the lobby. I guess I would walk to David's and sleep there, but I hate having to bother him. Or to Dave's/Chris's to sleep on their couch. At least I have options.

I hate how I don't have time for leisurely reading now. I subscribed to Joyce's "Dubliners" via Dailylit.com. My first installment arrives tomorrow. yay. I Didn't make it through Ulysses (I enjoyed it, but It was so motherfucking difficult), so maybe I can muddle through some short stories.

Currently listening to Flogging Molly, my little tribute to the opening night of "The Cripple of Inishmaan." I completed my lab hours today. Huzzah. Got nasty toxic glue on my jeans though. too lazy and broke to wash them. I hate my stagecraft class. Considering making Theatre my minor instead, so I don't have to take another class with Kevin Gawley. I'll probably fail, anyhow. May pass Physics yet. Women's lit grade surely has dropped due to my mediocre paper. praying for a B in French. I need those damnable retrocredits.

Won 2 games of 8-ball today. Very surprising.

Can't seem to get through Regina Spektor's "Samson" without crying. Don't know why. Usually around the line "Told me that my hair was red, told me that I was beautiful" I start to weep. Only two other songs do that to me: "Creep" (Acoustic version only) and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Roomie's gone for the night. I can be a slob now. I'm always a slob.
we have lights up in the room now. I really like them, but the shitty duct tape isn't working out well. My purple duct tape seems to be faring better than Em's.

Can't wait until I can actually get 8 hours of sleep in. Can't wait for finals to be done. I'm actually not too keen to head home for break (Rather stay in EC) but I miss my friends like hell. You guys can count on seeing alot of me then.

This video is very amusing. I like it alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8Arq5AkoQ

Goodnight all, must get some reading done.

2 Comments:

  • At December 08, 2006 4:26 AM , Blogger Cephalus said...

    Where was I? I was in my dorm room, working on programming. I apologize for not informing you of the location of my homework. Alas, I had no idea you were sitting alone in my basement, desperate for my sage knowledge. It would have been far better of an evening, working on homework with you instead of alone. I am now up, awake, and willing to help - but probably, far too late. I don't have class until 2 - if you have time to work on it before then, give me a call (my number should be on facebook).

     
  • At December 10, 2006 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE how you put Dave/Chris's

    that makes me smile :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home