Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

My vagina wears fishnet stockings

I got a small part in the Vagina Monologues. I have six lines, but it'll look good on my curriculum vitae. It'll be a light rehearsal schedule, only three weeks long. I had thought that I bombed my audition because they cut me off in the middle of my monologue. Over one hundred people auditioned, and 60 got a part. The first rehearsal is Saturday afternoon. I may have broken my Eau Claire audition curse.

In other news, I might be getting an apartment with Lucy, Anne, and Amber. We have an appt. to see one tomorrow afternoon and another on Wed. I'm excited. I love those girls, and living with them will be awesome. I have a few concerns however: Amber having her bible study there every night, affording the rent, and telling my parents about it.

I know Amber is super involved with the Navigators, one of the many Christian organizations on campus, and has been talking about how she could host bible study at our potential apartment. I'm an atheist, and I typically have to argue my stance every single time someone asks about my religious views.

Luckily, though Amber herself doesn't drink, she's ok with the rest of us having alcohol. I could see her becoming a Daiquiri girl, however.

I am poor as fuck, and I have no job. I realize this is no one's fault but my own. Earning a decent amount will be important to keep up with rent. None of the places we're looking at cost more than $275 a month. I know that all places around here are shitty, so I'm not expecting much. I think Dave and Chris's place is about par, and I don't mind it at all. That place feels like a home. Also, we'll be getting Chris's furniture, so we're all set for couches.

And now my biggest concern: telling my parents. I know my dad will be cool with it, he always supports me for everything. The problem is telling mom. She doesn't even know yet that I'm not transferring to Milwaukee, and that I've cancelled my application for UW-M. She has been pushing me to move, for reasons that aren't quite clear to me. She may not speak to me for a while once I tell her about maybe getting a place here for next year.

Another bit of news: I might be going to D.C. over spring break with Lila and Dara for a protest. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I really hope it'll work out.

Last night I realized that I don't believe people when they say they love me. It's such an over used phrase, you never know if they truly mean it or not. I beleive that people love me through their deeds and the way they look at me.

I have a math quiz this afternoon for which I have not studied. At all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home