Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Self-expression

I am perplexed by my inablitiy to express myself. Around some people, I do not talk a lot. This is not because I have nothing to say but because I think whatever I say comes out as inane drivel or if it is significant, it isn't worded the way I want. So, I keep my mouth shut. I realize this unnerves some people, as they are accustomed to hearing chatter. But my heavy clay toungue lies inert in my mouth, unable to communicate. I want to communicate what I want, surely, but I just can't. I'm worried by this. What I want to say comes out in my writing, only a small fraction of which ends up on here, my poetry and musings. I usually carry a small notebook on me for such occasions that I need to write, which I have forgotten in EC this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home