Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My life at 5 am

Me: what the hell? why is there water dripping on my hand? Did I forget to close the window?

(gets up, and shuts window. Dripping gets worse)

Me: ??

(Checks to see if it's raining outside, which it isn't. By now the dripping has gotten even worse)

Me: What the fuck?

(Moves stuff, and attempts to move the bed away from the window, but can't. There is a knock on the door.)

RA: Hey you guys aren't getting any dripping are you?

Me: yeah, we are.

RA: oh. well just move some stuff and put some towels down. (he leaves)

(puts towels down as dripping worsens)

Roommate: what's going on? is it raining? why was that guy here?

Ok...long story short: The pipes in 586, the room above us, burst and there is really nothing we can do about that. I've given up trying to soak up the water with towels since it's not helping too much anyhow. The dripping should start to slow down in about 2 hours. We had first thought that they had set the sprinkler system off, and I was about ready to kick some ass. Hopefully some nice person will let me sleep on their futon, because my bed is going to take forever to air out.

This was at 5 am on the only day I get to sleep in. Karma owes me.

UPDATE:
Got a new mattress, and I'll be reimbursed for all the laundry I must now do. The room still reeks, but there's no more dripping. Today just keeps getting worse. I didn't get a callback for "the Cripple of Inishmaan", I fell asleep in two classes, and I just want to cry. I just want to curl up in a warm soft bed and cry, BUT I CAN'T because I have to wash stuff and change the sheets. Karma must be exacting payment now for something really good later. I don't get why I've gone through so much bad shit in my life and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home