Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Adventures

Pool Adventure:
Went to play pool w/ Cha Thurs. night. The trouble was that we got into the places just fine, but then Cha happens to "mention" to an employee that I'm not 21. Out we go. Repeat 2 more times. Ended up fighting for the only table at some bowling alley. We didn't play each other, which was the point of the whole excursion, but instead a mother and her son. They were, frankly, really bad. We threw a few games because it was the kid's birthday, but still won most games. Then we played two guys who ran the table on us, and we were done. I don't think I like bar tables, they're too small.

Illinois Adventure:
Called Adam up, told him there was a place in McHenry, IL I wanted to see. After he got off of work, off we went. I didn't have any idea how to get to McHenry, so we just kind of guessed. Luckily, we guessed correctly, but I think there must be a quicker way down there because It took almost an hour to get there. Finally found the place, and I'm glad we went. Very small place, but good music and a cute employee, glass eye and all. Must remember to invite Lee or Caroline along on the next adventure. Caroline is fun in a bottle. Caroline is fun WITH a bottle. Lee just has ADD, and can appreciate mine and Adam's short attention spans.

I spoke with someone I hadn't heard from in a long time, and I can't help but be in awe of the clarity he's found. When I think back on the conversation, I can't help but thinking he's one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home