Perils of assimilation

If only life came with subtitles.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

EC blues

Ahh, the serene banks of the Chippewa river... one of the few reasons I am still in Eau Claire.

I detest how I cannot study what I wish here. I have to go through bullshit and drudgery before I can do any actual scholarship. I LOVE to learn, and I really don't feel like I'm learning anything here. I feel like my grip on the french language has sadly slackened, We're not doing anything significant in English, and I don't even bother to show up to Math.

I want to study medieval literature, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Dickens, I want to dig into Plato and Keirkegaard, Kant and Hegel. I want to STUDY. And I just can't do that until I've gotten through the pointless 100 and 200 level classes required. I am so fucking jealous of the Shimer curriculum. I want history and philosophy and religion and languages and even science! I should look into other schools that can offer me intense acedemics, not necessarily Shimer, but somewhere. The big problem I run into is money. I can't afford a private school, even with loans and financial aid. But if this IS what I truly want, it'll work itself out. Things tend to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home